Lydd International Airport has been recreated faithfully over many hundreds of hours by Burning Blue Design’s modellers and coders and features:
- Over 40 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Lydd Airport, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) allowing for far more realistic textures.
- The Bristow Her Majesty’s Coastguard Hangar at Lydd has been modelled accurately, both inside and out along with a compliment of HM Coastguard Sikorsky S-92 helicopters.
- There are thousands of carefully placed stock assets, every bush, road marking, crate and beacon, along with an assortment of ground workers has been placed in it’s correct location ensuring an atmosphere of a working airport.
- High resolution colour corrected ground textures taken from Bing maps and manipulated for consistency and realism which far surpasses the quality of the stock Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 ground texture.
- Correct AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway and runway placement have been incorporated into the release.
- Surrounding landmarks have been created and placed in their correct locations to improve visual navigation, these include: Denge Marsh Water Tower, Dungeness A Power Station, Dungeness B Power Station, Dungeness Old Lighthouse, Dungeness New Lighthouse, Lydd Golf Club and The Denge Acoustic Mirrors.
- Shipping lanes in the English channel have been populated with container ships and tankers.
- Full night lighting placed across the aerodrome and within and around the hangars and terminal building.
- New waterways for the Dungeness Headland have been created, including the entirety of the Dengemarsh sewage system which has been remapped faithfully.
- New desert scrub Biome for the Dungeness Headland to reflect it’s status as the only true desert within Great Britain.
Lydd promo video: